Results are now posted! Congratulations to all competitors!
The best source of information is our 2014 Information packet. All rules and terminology are located within this file. Prospective competitors should carefully read over the material. The packet is an excellent resource in understanding what competitors can expect at the competition.
There is also the List of Offered Dances
Spectators may also find the packet useful for Hotel, Food, and Accommodation information. 2014 Austin Open will feature:
- Online Registration
- Workshop with a professional instructor
- Certified Judges
- Free Spectator Admission
Questions may be directed to the TXB Competition Director at email@example.com
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS CLOSED
LATE REGISTRATION (after April 1, 2014):
- 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm on April 4th, 2014 in Anna Hiss Gym
- 10:00 am - 11:00 am on April 5th, 2014 in Texas Union Ballroom
- Late Fee: +$5 to base cost on Friday, +10$ to base cost on Saturday
The one-time competitor entry fee is per person and gives you unlimited dance entries with any combination of partners. Entry fees will be taken during check-in on April 4th, from 7:00PM to 8:00PM and April 5th, from 10:00AM to 11AM (cash or checks only).
Payment and WaiverPayment can be done in two ways: online (recommended) or at the door. In addition, a completed waiver must be on file for ALL individuals that are competing at the Austin Open 2014. Details may be found below.
PLEASE NOTE: Registration deadline is for the competition is April 1st at 11:59pm! Payment does NOT constitute registration. See the "Registration" tab above to register.
PAYMENT:To expedite your check-in on the day of competition, complete your competition payment online in a five easy steps!
- Go to this link: https://secure.rs.utexas.edu/pages/store/
- Either sign in with your UT EID or Continue without logging in if not a UT affiliate
- Select "Community Individual" if you are not affiliated with UT and "UT Student" or the applicable descriptor if you are.
- Select "Texas Ballroom Competition" and then add the proper registration to your cart.
- Checkout and you're done!
The fees for the Paso Doble workshop with Denis Generalov, US Amateur 10-Dance Champion, will be accepted at the event only, cash or check - no early payment option is available. Fees are as follows:
- Texas Ballroom Members: $5
- UT Affiliates/Student Competitors: $7
- General Public: $10
WAIVER:Below, you will find the required waiver for the Austin Open 2014. Please bring a completed waiver along with you to the competition to help keep check-in speedy! Thank you for your cooperation! Austin Open 2014 Waiver
For questions or comments, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.